We’re passionate about eco-friendly printing…
Since 1988, The Practical Printer has been fully committed to reducing our impact on the environment and we believe strongly in eco-friendly printing.
- Since 2002, our electricity supply has been generated entirely from renewable resources, thereby significantly reducing our CO2 emissions.
- We use 100% vegetable oil based inks and have removed all alcohol from our dampening systems.
- We are committed to supplying paper with the highest environmental, ethical and social credentials.
- Through the Woodland Trust and the Woodland Carbon Scheme, we off-set CO2 emissions from most of our paper and board purchases by planting native woodland here in the UK. The amount of CO2 generated in the production and delivery of paper ordered is calculated and a levy is paid by us.
- All of our paper suppliers comply with national and international legislation in relation to trade and forest products.
We capture the CO2 emissions from our paper purchases by planting native woodland, right here in the UK, through the Woodland Trust and the Woodland Carbon scheme.
When we order our paper, we elect to capture the carbon from the manufacture and distribution of the paper
The amount of CO2 generated in the production and delivery of our paper is calculated and this amount is added as a separate item on our invoice
Each month we receive a certificate to demonstrate our commitment to using reduced CO2 paper
All Carbon Capture charges are paid to the Woodland Trust who plant woodland at one of their accredited woodland creation sites in the UK
For more information: http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/
If you would like to discuss eco-friendly printing, please contact us or call 0116 253 1222.